:: Re: [DNG] grub 2.04 and kernel 2.6
Top Pagina
Auteur: terryc
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] grub 2.04 and kernel 2.6
On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:05:41 +0000
Peter Duffy <peter@???> wrote:

> I've got an old box running CentOS 6.2 and Windows 7. Without going
> into details, this box is vital and I use it every day. Finally I
> decided that I had to bite the bullet and upgrade the linux system,
> and I decided to go for chimaera.

....snip..

> Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts and comments (other than why
> the hell am I still running CentOS 6.2 on this box), before I start
> rummaging through the grub changelogs. Apologies for the length of
> this and also if I've missed something obvious. The above is a heavily
> boiled-down summary of about a fortnight of stress and lost sleep.

At some stage grub changed (during Beowulf) from holding a number of
older 'kernels' to just two (current and prior), which is the case with
Chimaera . I'm wondering if that may be a contributing factor.

FWIW, I gave up dual booting over a decade+ ago when I had surfeit of
old hardware to play around with.