:: [DNG] SOLVED: Menu of applications …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] SOLVED: Menu of applications vanished from lxqt
On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 06:32:33AM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 06:23:40AM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> > I'm going to use the guest account and see if the same happens there.
>
> I log into the guest account.
> Everything is OK.
> There is a menu of applications in lxqt.
>
> So the problem isn't system-wide; there must be something in my personal setup.
> Perhaps something wrong with a dotfile?

Yes, that was the problem.

In file ~/.config/lxqt/panel.conf, the line
    plugins=desktopswitch, quicklaunch, taskbar, tray, statusnotifier, mount, volume, clock, showdesktop
should have been
    plugins=mainmenu, desktopswitch, quicklaunch, taskbar, tray, statusnotifier, mount, volume, clock, showdesktop

Discovered by comparing ~/.config/lxqt/panel.conf with ~guest/.config/lxqt/panel.conf

It was very useful having a guest account.

I wonder how this file got changed a few days ago.

-- hendrik