:: [DNG] Menu of applications vanished…
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] Menu of applications vanished from lxqt
Normally, lzqt has an icon baar (which I think they call a panel)
It contains icons 1, 2, 3, 4 for the available workspaces, and
a few more little squares with icons for a ile manager, a qterminal, and a(I think) an editor.

But in fromt of those icons, it normally has another little square.
Clicking on that square puts up a menu with sibmenuse for various
classes of applications.

Starting a day or two ago that little square has been missing.

This means that excpet for the applications I just mentioned, I cannot start any applications from lxqt.

(Yes there's a workaround -- I can start anything I know the filename of from the command line in a qterminal. But that's not the way a desktop is really supposed to work.)

And I can still log out -- if I use control-alt-F1, log in as root, and killall lxqt-session.

I believe this started when I did a routine security upgrade,
and installed a program to convert markdown files to asciidoc format.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Anyone know how I can get my menu of applications back?

-- hendrik

P.S. over the last year I occasionally would lose this menu, but it always came back when I powered down, rebooted, and logged in again.

Not this time.