:: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Inizio della pagina
Autore: aitor
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] vdev in chimaera
Hi,

On 20/1/22 0:23, aitor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded some images of gnuinos chimaera including vdev as default
> device manager.
>
> https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/live/
> <https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/chimaera/live/>
>
> I would like you to test them after a hard disk installation because
> this is the
> first time one can replace eudev with vdev via APT by simply typing:
>
> # apt-get install vdev libudev1-compat
>
> beyond which it's possible to restore eudev in a similar way:
>
> # apt-get install eudev libeudev1
>
> Though eudev and vdev depend on libeudev1 and libudev1-compat
> respectively, it's
> recommended to mention them explicitly in order to prevent other
> packages like Xorg
> from being uninstalled during the change.
>
> It's worth mentioning that you won't find any external devices in the
> panel of thunar
> because some benefits of gvfs/udisks2 don't work with vdev.Hopefully
> the trash is still there.
> With this in mind, I included fsmithred's usbpmount.sh and
> usb-unmount.sh yad scripts to
> handle usb sticks, pending the arrival of an improved release of
> hopman in chimaera.
>
> I also uploaded the sources of the live-sdk that generate the
> available iso images.

I've uploaded new iso images fixing a bug related to the last change in simple-netaid for
compatibility with static ip addresses, that involved the response to routing table netlink
events triggered by other processes. The images come with vdev by default. Next step will be
to write a runit script for ifupdown that intend to solve the problem of the still remaining
(at least booting with vdev) long delayed boot time when using "allow-hotplug <interface>"
stanzas in /etc/network/interfaces.

The sources of the live-sdk have been updated as well.

Cheers,

Aitor.