:: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package m…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Boian Bonev
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package manager?
On Wed, 2022-01-26 at 03:30 +0200, Boian Bonev wrote:

> > Hi,
> > a stupid question, could the templates be added to the base-files package
> > that is already forked?
>
> It is not stupid at all - technically that is possible because there would be
> no filename conflict. But I do not think it is the proper way because that
> may
> create confusion and would be hard to track for anyone not knowing what was
> done. BTW I have no idea about the level of pureness desired, so I can't say.

It was decided to add a Devuan specific package - python-apt-common-devuan,
that is already in ceres but nothing depends on it. Soon the parts in tasksel
that recommend synaptic will also recommend python-apt-common-devuan, so it
would get installed automatically... Please test that - it does not depend on
anything, so it should be easy to install the ceres package anywhere.

Updates to the stable releases are pending after more thorough testing.

HTH

With best regards,
b.