:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-01-…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: B Stack
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: devuan developers internal list
Αντικείμενο: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2022-01-27
# Devuan meet 2022-01-27 @20:30 UTC

Present: hendrik, golinux, rrq, fsr, bb|hcb, onefang in spirit

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### Packaging
* src:policykit-1 CVE-2021-3560 fixed in ceres, daedalus,
  chimaera-security, beowulf-security and ascii-security. Note that the
  beowulf armel build is missing as it fails with SIGILL. Update: This
  seems to be caused by buster's libboost:armel using the deprecated
  `swp` instruction which Dyne's arm64 builder does not support. No
  reponse, so far, from parazyd who set up the builder. See
  https://blog.einval.com/debian/arm#machine-configuration for a
  suggested setup that would fix this. I have managed to build the armel
  packages on amd64 using qemu user mode emulation. It is slow, but
  seems to have worked. The results are at
  http://hindley.org.uk/~mark/devuan/policykit-1.0.105-25%2bdevuan9/. We
  discussed this, briefly, on #devuan-arm and decided to publish them to
  dak. Once the official builder is fixed, it could be rebuilt with a
  version bump.
  * (onefang) what sort of build host is needed?  My 64 core
    Threadripper with 256 GB of RAM could run a QEMU build fast, and I'm
    considering buying a Pi of some sort.
* New dak cronjob which automatically mirrors new packages in *-security
  to *-proposed-updates.
* Other updates: util-linux, reportbug, network-manager.

### golinux
* Still issues with gmail bounces on mail lists.
* Someone else has stepped up to help with the theming!

### bb|hcb
* Deployed the automation that generates DNS round robin zone
  (`deb.devuan.org` and `CC.deb.devuan.org`)
  * all changes are tracked in git
    https://git.devuan.org/devuan/nameserver
  * pkgmaster is excluded if there are working mirrors and is the
    fallback if there aren't
  * it will take some time for the mirror admins to state if they want
    to participate in `CC.deb.devuan.org` and we can make those URLs
    public
* Upgraded `web` and `veritas` to chimaera
* Installed `gitea` 1.15.10 (bugfix and security release)

### onefang
* We got more package mirror admins agree to join the DNS-RR.  17 out of
  19 of the working package mirrors have agreed, ~~four~~ two (two just
  came good) of them are not in it right now, due to issues still being
  worked through.
* Working my way through apt-panopticon to work better for deciding who
  is in and who is out.
* Working with bb|hcb to get that to talk to the DNS system and update
  the DNS-RR.
  * That's currently a half manual process, I edit a file, bb|hcb's
    scripts update the DNS from that file.
* Also been doing work on bringing back CC DNS-RR, it's mostly working
  already.  Don't announce it yet.  Seven mirror admins have agreed so
  far, covering Canada, most of Europe, parts of Asia, and about half of
  South America.

## New Actions
* (rrq) change installer-iso to use deb.devuan.org for daedalus-security
* (bb|hcb) ping gnu-srs re udev update(s)
* (gl) vdc.dyne.org seems to be working now. Let's go back to there
next meet.