:: Re: [DNG] What is your take on fini…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: tito
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] What is your take on finit?
On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 08:59:24 +0100
Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I saw this coming into Debian Sid, so should be available in Devuan
> Ceres as well:
>
> https://troglobit.com/projects/finit/
>
> Sounds interesting, I'd say.
>
> Best,

Hi,
what scares me is;

originally reverse engineered from the EeePC fastinit by Claudio Matsuoka

from: https://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2015/09/05/0/
Asus eeePC fastinit + derivatives (2007-2015)

As part of Asus’s eeePC notebook line around 2007-2008, which had variants preinstalled
with a GNU/Linux distribution called Xandros, they wrote a proprietary init(8) replacement
entitled fastinit specifically designed for the purpose of… booting really fast, I suppose.

So it was proprietary and then reverse engineered....couldn't this lead to licensing
problems further down the road?

Ciao,
Tito