:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera on Dell Wyse 304…
Góra strony
Autor: Tim Wallace
Dla: Devuan ML
Temat: Re: [DNG] Chimaera on Dell Wyse 3040 installs but won't boot

If you boot from the refind rescue media by following the instructions here: https://wiki.debian.org/GrubEFIReinstall you can probably rescue your system.  This has worked for me and others.  I don't know why Devuan gets into this state!
--Tim
    On Thursday, January 27, 2022, 05:57:00 AM EST, Florian Zieboll via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

Am 27. Januar 2022 11:06:15 MEZ schrieb Mike Tubby <mike@???>:

> I have run the installation a second time and paid more attention, when
> it installs Grub it doesn't pop a menu asking where I want the boot
> loader installed (MBR, first partition,) or providing a list of 'drives'
> or block devices to choose where to put the boot loader - instead
> something flashes past about grub and EFI and it completes, but after
> cycling the power the system isn't bootable.

On tty4 (I think) of the running installer, a detailed log is printed - press [alt]+[f4] to get there.

If you can access the filesystem after the installation: The log should be saved under '/var/log/installer/'.

--

[message sent otg]