:: [DNG] Chimaera on Dell Wyse 3040 in…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mike Tubby
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] Chimaera on Dell Wyse 3040 installs but won't boot
Can anyone provide help with this one?

I have a Dell Wyse 3040 tiny PC intended for use a thin client running
"ThinOS" (Ubuntu 16.04 and custom desktop/thin client).

Others have reported success sunning desktop Linux distros "out of the box":

https://roytanck.com/2020/05/13/running-linux-on-a-dell-wyse-3040-thin-client/

but I want to run Devuan 4.0 Server to run DNS and a few other light
weight infrastructure things on little box on a home network.

The Wyse 3040 is an Intel Atom quad core unit with 2Gb of DDR3, 16Gb of
eMMC flash, Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x DisplayPort, 4 x USB and audio.

I have set the BIOS back to defaults, booted from the server
installation on a USB stick made with Rufus 3.17 and performed the
installation, re-partitioned the eMMC flash, installed minimum
components and the installation has run to the end successfully and for
the "Now time to boot to your new installation".

When rebooting the machine it drops to a "No bootable devices" error.

Now these systems are EFI based and do not appear to have any legacy
drive support in BIOS.

I have run the installation a second time and paid more attention, when
it installs Grub it doesn't pop a menu asking where I want the boot
loader installed (MBR, first partition,) or providing a list of 'drives'
or block devices to choose where to put the boot loader - instead
something flashes past about grub and EFI and it completes, but after
cycling the power the system isn't bootable.

Is there something incomplete/configurable/different that has to be done
on systems with eMMC/EFI to get them to boot?

Mike