:: Re: [DNG] connecting to a chromeboo…
Góra strony
Autor: Antony Stone
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] connecting to a chromebook (OT??)
On Wednesday 26 January 2022 at 15:24:35, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:

> Greetings
>
> If this is too far off topic - - - please advise.

It's not on-topic, but I'm pretty sure people will try to advise :)

> Just got myself a chromebook

> My routher is at 192.168.1.1 and all my other hardware is visible there.
> The chromebook says it is at 100.115.92.204/28.
>
> How did it get there?

That range is reserved by IANA for certain types of connectivity providers;
maybe yours is one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv4#Special-use_addresses

> How is it connecting to and through the router?

Well, *IS* it connecting through the router? Can you access Internet websites
or log in to thing by SSH etc?

What does "route -n" tell you?

Antony.

--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space has
nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise have been left

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.