:: Re: [DNG] What is your take on fini…
Góra strony
Autor: Didier Kryn
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] What is your take on finit?
Le 26/01/2022 à 08:59, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I saw this coming into Debian Sid, so should be available in Devuan
> Ceres as well:
>
> https://troglobit.com/projects/finit/
>
> Sounds interesting, I'd say.
>
> Best,

    There are few very interesting point in this announcement.

    1) It comes in Debian like an *alternative to systemd*, which I
find amazing. Which suggest the question why this alternative and not
others?

    2) It comes from the embedded world, which supposes it is
lightweight. The fact that it supports both udev and mdev (and also
static /dev). Lightweight and support of mdev are very good points for me.

    3) The fact that it integrates in one application init + all modes
of process launching and supervision, + watchdog + getty is against the
principle of Do One Thing and Do It Well, and the only weakpoint IMHO.

--     Didier