:: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package m…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Boian Bonev
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Bug in synaptic package manager?
> > > apt works for me it is just the dialog to modify, add or delete
> > > repositories in synaptic
> > > that doesn't work as some template is missing:
> > >
> > > aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a
> > > distribution template for Devuan/chimaera
> > >
> > > I was wondering If we couldn't add this template to synaptic itself
> > > or to software-properties-gtk package.
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Tito
> > >

> > Tito,
> > It appears that there are no devuan-specific template files for
> > synaptic.  Attached is my first attempt (copied from Debian template,
> > and modified, but I probably got some things wrong).  These two files go
> > in /usr/share/python-apt/templates
> > Hope this helps somewhat.
> >
> > Temp
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your effort, I was not able to find where this templates were
> hidden.
> Seems to work here, software-properties-gtk dialog window opens without
> exception. Could this somehow be added to debian or devuan?

The templates live in python-apt-common (this package is not forked in Devuan).

There are two options:

1) Submit a PR to the packager/team in Debian
2) Fork the package for Devuan and maintain the appropriate information in it

My opinion is that 1) is not a good option, because the mirror list is volatile
information and that would require stable updates on a regular basis (and that
won't easily happen in Debian)

Also I have noticed that this is not existing: http://security.devuan.org/ and
MatchURI: is not proper in most cases (contents of Devuan.info)

I can help with packaging the forked python-apt-common but I can not help with
testing because I do not use aptitude.

With best regards,
b.