:: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop need…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Olaf Meeuwissen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop needs some love
Hi,

wirelessduck--- via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> On 20 Jan 2022, at 23:33, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> It's nice if the desktop colours look good on a perfectly calibrated monitor.
> But what's more important for it to look good on the variety of monitors
> regular users use.
> So we should test the imagery on the ordinary, everyday laptops and
> monitors we have at home and work.
> And it's important the the colours work even if one is colourblind.
> I'd suggest viewing it converted to greyscale as a first try at testing
> this, bt a friend of mine who is colourblind tells me it's far more
> complicated than this.
>
> -- hendrik
>
> Can I suggest Color Oracle or similar as a tool to use here?
>
> https://colororacle.org/
>
> It allows you to apply a full screen filter to simulate what a colour
> blind person would be seeing if they were viewing your monitor. It is
> a Java app and I’ve only tested it on Windows some years ago but it
> does say Linux compatible, with a link to source code on GitHub.

Web developer tools for Firefox and Chromium should also contain tools
to simulate colour blindness and some other visual impairments. I have
played around with a tool for Chromium a while back but don't remember
it's name.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                    FSF Associate Member since 2004-01-27