:: Re: [DNG] Another one bytes the dus…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: golinux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Another one bytes the dust
On 2022-01-22 14:01, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apparently the Debian project is still using its unalterable yet
> gameable bureaucracy to screw over those whose opinions differ from
> Debian's political core...
>
> Please view the following email thread by Norbert Preining and others:
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2018/12/msg00032.html
>
> Best I can tell, because of one recent complaint and a review of his
> "tone" in 2012 to 2014, based mostly on his coc and systemd posts, he
> was demoted from Developer to Maintainer by the "Debian Account
> Managers". This led him to either partially, substantially or
> completely withdraw from the Debian project. A quick web search tells
> me his view of systemd is not positive.
>
> Would it make any sense to invite Norbert Preining to become part of
> the Devuan project?
>
> SteveT

I think we should stay out of Debian politics. They are looking for the
slightest reason to silence any opposition to the master plan that has
been set in motion so this is no surprise. Unless Norbert P. is living
under a rock, he is aware of Devuan and is free to join us. Or perhaps
he has escaped to the sanity of a deserted island . . .

Just my .02.

golinux