:: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop need…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: golinux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] The Daedalus desktop needs some love
On 2022-01-22 13:23, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:
> On 1/19/22 21:46, golinux@??? wrote:
>> On 2022-01-19 12:50, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:
>>> On 1/17/22 23:17, golinux@??? wrote:
>>> [snip]> This is not a trivial task. The many pieces that need to be
>>> coordinated
>>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> What quality of display(s) and color calibration are required?
>>>
>>> /Lars
>>>

>> In all the years I have been doing this, that question has never
>> entered
>> my mind and I have no idea how to even begin answering it. I do "eye"
>> art not "machine" art. I can perceive even one increment change in a
>> hex.
>>
>> Problem is . . . no one can know exactly what color another person is
>> seeing. Add to that the vagaries of the monitor and . . .
>>
>> I don't know if a screenshot would capture the hex or what's showing
>> on
>> your monitor but maybe you could give it a try for the chimaera
>> desktop
>> and let us have a look.
>
> Ok, thanks. I guess from that answer and the others, that aspect might
> not be so important at the moment in this project.
>
> Are the colors for Daedalus chosen already?
>
> I see that the one tar ball is about Chimaera:
> Clearlooks-Phenix-Deepsea. Is that a complete sample?

Hi Lars . . .

Yes. Colors will never display the same on any 2 monitors. I came to
this realization when I first started designing websites 20 years ago
and gave up trying.

All the files that need to be altered are here:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/chimaera-deepsea

And the HOW-TO is here:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/theming-devuan.md

The process begins with selection of the "base colors" of the Desktop
wallpaper. The Clearlooks-Phenix-* theme. The rest of the pieces cannot
be created until that color palette has been chosen and finalized:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/art/graphics/chimaera-deepsea/backgrounds

What color does the story of Daedalus (and his son Icarus) evoke in your
mind? I think of searing Mediterranean sun and intensely blue water.
Play with it and see what pops up.

Any questions. Just ask. :)

Enjoy the journey!

golinux