:: Re: [DNG] Qt, KDE, unbelievable
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Riccardo Mottola
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Qt, KDE, unbelievable
Hi Steve,

Steve Litt wrote:
> https://www.neowin.net/news/ads-may-be-coming-to-kde-the-popular-linux-desktop/
>
> LOL, I removed every bit of KDE, its executables and libraries, in
> 2012. Mostly for the same reasons I refuse to host systemd. Now comes
> the possibility of ads on KDE applications.
>
> But it's even worse, because Qt is doing it, so non-KDE apps might be
> involved, including the LXQt I've recommended as an alternative to
> the deprecated LXDE.

the news just says QT will support adds, which is "logical" in a modern
world. Then any application developer may decide to use it or not, or to
make a free ad version or not.
Blame developers, more than QT!

Personally, I hate ads on computers, Windows is hateful for that...
these "news" and "ads" everywhere on phones. It is clearly blending the
bad web experience with applications.

However, many applications already had ads: they often do this by using
an embeddable version of chrome. Quite hateful! Maybe this is a better
compromise.
I remember using a Softphone at a company, ad version. Just to display
an add in a window, it first used flash, then an embedded browser,
because adds are animated. Wonderful. 10MB app and then 100MB of "ad
framework" to suck resources.

Riccardo