:: Re: [DNG] ntp setup
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Daniel R. Klein
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] ntp setup
On 1/20/22 12:30 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

> After reading that page and man 5 ntpd.conf, I couldn't find out how to
> make sure it does NTP. Is it safe to assume that it does both SNTP and
> NTP out of the box, and the user of SNTP in no way compromises its use
> of NTP?

As far as my knowledge goes: if you install ntpd and use it it uses ntp
to talk to the configured servers (or pool-addresses).
sntp is a "smaller" subset of the protocol, normaly used by tools that
only once query the time and are done with it (like ntpdate).
The ntpd can serve sntp-requests, and that changes nothing about how he
himself queries for time...
ntpsec may be worth a look too.

Daniel