:: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antonio Rendina
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Website "motto"?
Hi,

I think that the init system is not the whole point, maybe that is what
triggered the fork, but I don't find a distro attractive just because
didn't want to switch to systemd.
I think that the point is the homogenization of Linux distros and the
freedom to have hands-on on a system. As stated in the fork document:

"We believe this situation is also the result of a longer process
leading to the take-over of Debian by the GNOME project agenda.
Considering how far this has propagated today and the importance of
Debian as a universal OS and base system in the distribution panorama,
what is at stake is the future of GNU/Linux in a scenario of complete
homogeneization and lock-in of all base distributions."

And I actually think that they succeeded, all the major distribution
today are using systemd.

But returning to the point, I would not reduce a distribution project to
its init. I think that a motto should focus on the consequences:
* more customizable
* more universal
* you can change every part without impacting the others