:: Re: [DNG] RGBling
Página Principal
Autor: Simon
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] RGBling
Syeed Ali <syeedali@???> wrote:

> I have a closed case yet light still leaks out of the back of my PSU.
>
> Numlock, desktop speaker, mouse DPI setting, monitors even when asleep,
> my KVM, and every single port on my USB hub all leak.

And then someone invented blue LEDs and suddenly the dark is lost to little floodlights in the colour our night vision is most sensitive to - as every designer decided that it would be “cool” to have a really bright blue LED on an many devices as possible.
Just don’t get me started on the id10t who thought making the sleep LED on the front of a MacBook Pro “throb” just to make it even more difficult to ignore.

For the last 21 months, my office has been the spare bedroom. I have to switch everything off at the wall when it gets used as a bedroom. To your list add network switch - which flickers all the time with background traffic even when the computers are all off.

It’s something when it’s possible to walk around the house lit only by little LEDs - even the smoke detectors are tiny little floodlights, thankfully only dim and green.

Simon