:: Re: [DNG] Ryzen?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Ryzen?
Kim Hawtin said on Sat, 1 Jan 2022 15:19:16 +1000

>Next time I build something like this, I would rather the
>GPU be on chip to avoid extra pci-e cards.

All other things being equal, this is exactly right. But my experience
building my "poweruser" computer was that, using a graphics card, I
could get a nice Radeon, instead of having to settle for what's on the
mobo, possibly a Linux-sabotaging Nvidea.

Also, to meet a price-performance point, my mobo had no GPU. So, after
trying nVidea and finding it impossible to get to work exactly right, I
bought the following very nice low wattage, no fan, relatively cheap
Radeon:

product: Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]

My computer, which was bought and assembled 12.5 months ago, consists
of:

Motherboard: Micro-Star MAG B550 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C91)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 2 threads per core

Video: Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series]

Audio: Was Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series] on mobo but
    jack broke, now C-Media Electronics, Inc. Audio Adapter (Unitek
    Y-247A) USB sound card

Root partition disk: Micron/Crucial TechnologyCT2000P2SSD8 2TB NVMe
    Mainly houses /etc and /usr, almost all others mounted

Spinning rust disk: 12TB WDC WD141KRYZ-01

RAM: 64GB

Case: Gigantic full tower with room to roam, loaded with fans, and all
rear USB ports brought out to the front with extension cables. Silly
fan lights etc turned off. Fans on full blast all the time, I value
cool running.

SteveT

Steve Litt