:: [DNG] Ryzen?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Antony Stone
À: dng
Sujet: [DNG] Ryzen?
Hi.

Disclaimer: I generally don't like people saying things like "I read somewhere
that..." without backing up what they're talking about, but...

I'm sure I've read somewhere (and not especially recently) that Linux on AMD
Ryzen CPUs can be unreliable and/or surprisingly poor performance.

Can anyone comment on current (eg: Beowulf / Chimaera with standard kernels)
operation on such machines?

If it matters, I'm looking at desktop / tower / server motherboards and not
laptops, and I don't care two hoots about graphics - this would be for
networked machines accessed exclusively remotely.

Any opinions from personal experience, or pointers to reliable data, on the
topic would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"Life is just a lot better if you feel you're having 10 [small] wins a day
rather than a [big] win every 10 years or so."

- Chris Hadfield, former skiing (and ski racing) instructor