:: Re: [DNG] Mosquitto cannot be start…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Mosquitto cannot be started, because no /var/mosquitto directory (Devuan stable)
Hello Steffen,

The systemd service file does create the necessary directories (see:
https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/blob/master/service/systemd/mosquitto.service.simple).

/run/mosquitto not being created is most likely an issue with debian itself.
Creating the folder from the init file, as per your workaround, is valid. To
resolve the installation issue would require to file a bug against mosquitto on
debian BTS. Apparently somebody did just that, and provided a patch to boot:

See also: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=983429

Cheers,
                 Ludovic