:: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
Aan: Steve Litt
CC: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio
On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 10:51 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???>
wrote:

> Marc Shapiro via Dng said on Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:06:15 -0800
>

> >Do you have firefox running? I was under the impression that it
> >requires pulseaudio. At least it did at one time. That is why I
> >installed pulseaudio in the first place.
>
> Do what I do and use Chromium. It's a pig but less of a pig and has
> less unexpected behavior than firefox. Chromium doesn't require
> pulseaudio or pipewire.

Ah - - - but - - - Mr Steve - - - Chromium has this enormous appetite
for my information - - - - and it LOVES to 'call home' (a la ET).
I ran Chromium for a while until I noticed all the from outside my
network solicited connection requests that were happening.
Only found that by looking at router logs. I'm not into iptables
or the newer nftables enough to try and control this behavior
using those tools - - - - just dumped chromium. (Besides chromium
decided it didn't like pages with lots of tabs and wanted to die - - -
so I helped it disappear from my system!!!!!!)

Regards