著者: Marc Shapiro
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Pipewire and PulseAudio
On 12/13/21 01:05, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 09:40:20PM -0800, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:
>> I was scrolling though my e-mail from the debian user group and I saw
>> mention of pipewire, as a replacement for pulseaudio.  It seemed to suggest
>> that it was in Testing, so would not be available on my Devuan Stable
>> (chimaera) system, but I took a look, anyway.  It seems to be available,
>> and, in fact, installed on my system.  It seems to have been brought in by
>> zoom.
>    Are you sure you want pipewire? Looking at the code:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/commits/master

>    Main contributor is from certain company associated with color red and
> a headgear. Given the sentiment on this list, you may want to think twice.

I am not at all sure that I want pipewire.  It was brought in by zoom,
and, at the time I had no idea what it was.  I am cutious, now, as to
how both pipewire and pulsaudio are installed and not clobbering each
other.  If it is possible to have audio working (including firefox)
without either of them then that night be the best answer.  fewer layers
doing the same job sounds good to me.

Marc