:: [DNG] Automating the distro?
Página Principal
Autor: Steve Litt
Para: dng
Assunto: [DNG] Automating the distro?
Hi all,

I wonder if building Devuan can be further automated. Void Linux has
some super-duper software processes to do much of this automatically.
It works right off of a git server (unfortunately, github). If I'm not
mistaken it puts out two updates a day, but of course there's no
automatic updating so the user chooses when to do all the updates up to
current. With very few people, Void Linux manages to keep a very
complete distro with very few screwups, and they fix major security
flaws about as fast as Debian.

I'm wondering if Devuan could make use of something similar. Perhaps
doing this would free up resources to Devuanize more packages, for less
dependency on Debian.

Before you ask, no, I can't help. I'm indexing my new book, I'm making
provisions so programs written in Freepascal, C, and pretty much any
other language, can send a sine wave to the speakers (a capability
requiring waaaaay too much programming in Linux). Of course I'll
release it as Free Software.

The Debian "Community" is getting more rotten every day. Just today on
Debian-User, somebody asked a maybe sorta dumb question, and several
people gleefully jumped all over him. One guy (not the OP) thanked
everybody for their diverse solutions, and then criticized the OP,
signing his email "With kindest regards" :-). Another guy managed to
bring the OP's advanced age into it. So it's not just their politicians
with their rigged GRs, it's the very citizenry of Debian itself. In the
long run it's probably going to be advantageous for Devuan to move more
toward a distro of its own, before the Debian crowd decide to put in
halloween code to sabotage Devuan.

SteveT

Steve Litt