:: Re: [DNG] Skype crashes
Top Pagina
Auteur: Riccardo Mottola
Aan: Haines Brown, dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Skype crashes
Hi,

Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm running Chimera. I downloaded current version of skypeforlinux
> and installed it. The annoying prompts for password to keyring
> I skip.
>
> The audo and video test ok. But when I try to make a free test call,
> Skype crashes.

I have similar issues.
I have skype for Linux on 3 different systems:
- stable Gentoo, intel i5, very barebones setup (no pulseaudio, no
gnome, just windowmaker) -> restarts at each call
- beowulf amd64 -> restarts at each call
- i7 with beowulf, everything works. But this one runs xfce and has all
its dependencies installed like puleseaudio, udev, etc etc

I do not think that it is a version or CPU issue, but something in skype
pretending that certain dameons or interfaces running, I did not
determine which yet.

Since skype became a wrapped web application, it beame a mess and a hog.

Riccardo