:: Re: [DNG] lpr print pdf file landsc…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Marjorie Roome
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] lpr print pdf file landscape orientation
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] lpr print pdf file landscape orientation
Hi Haines,

On Sun, 2021-11-28 at 15:12 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> I have bsd-lpr. I can print a text file with landscape orientation
> with $ lpr -o landscape file.txt
>
> My problem is that I cannot print pdf files in landscape
> orientation. $ lpr -o landscape file.pdf does nothing.
>
> I don't want to make landscape the default CUPS orientation.
>
> Atril rotates the display of the PDF, but not the content of the
> file in relation to the page when printed.
>
> The qpdfview utility also can rotate the display of text but
> when printed the effect is simply move text up on the page.
>
> I don't see how poppler-utils can be of help.
>
> How does one print a PDF with landscape orientattion?

Isn't the page orientation used encoded in the pdf?

To change it, other than by shrinking the page down so it fits on the
paper in landscape orientation I think you would need to use a pdf
editor to reflow the content.

If you have a document or image that you are converting to a pdf then
if you format the document or image landscape then the exported pdf
will also be landscape.

--
Marjorie