:: Re: [DNG] exim paniclog /var/log/ex…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Pontus Goffe
To: dng
Nuovi argomenti: [DNG] (SOLVED. I Think) Re: exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] exim paniclog /var/log/exim4/paniclog has non-zero size
Den 2021-12-02 kl. 09:16, skrev Marc Shapiro via Dng:

> No luck.  I rebooted and got the paniclog error during the boot. After
> booting, I stopped exim4, deleted the paniclog, and restarted exim4.
> It created a paniclog containing the following:

Had you also executed

exim4 -qff -v

I think you would immediately had your paniclog back, you have
undelivered messages that fails when exim tries to deliver.

> 2021-12-02 00:06:49 1momA3-00054k-DE == marc@??? R=local_user
> T=mail_spool defer (-1): Tainted '/var/mail/marc' (file or directory
> name for mail_spool transport) not permitted
>

> How do I convince exim4 that /var/spool/marc is an acceptable file
> name for mail_spool transport?

Exim no longer allows a sender to decide a name of a path component, in
this case 'marc'. Your config needs to agree on 'marc' being allowed.
This is done using a lookup locally.
From what I understand there was / is a discussion about a setting to
just warn about this tainted data but allow it, but I could not make it
work.
I think you already have a lookup in the default config that checks
/etc/aliases which would allow 'marc' in your path if you just add a line
marc: marc
to it, I cant promise because I also use another lookup to be able to
send mail.

Anyhow, after a successful lookup, the config variable ${local_part} can
be replaced by the new variable ${local_part_data} which will recieve
its value in the lookup you need to have.
Your config files under /etc/exim4/conf.d must not contain ${local_part}
anymore.

I have no idea what will happen if you try to reinstall exim to get a
new default config.

//PG