:: Re: [DNG] What is libc5-i686 | lib3…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alessandro Vesely
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] What is libc5-i686 | lib32gcc1 (proliant package dependencies)
On Wed 27/Oct/2021 18:54:16 +0200 karl wrote:
> For libc5, run "man libc" and look under the heading "Linux libc".

Damn my fatty fingers, it was libc6-i686. (Not that it is much newer, it was
in stretch.)

Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

The hp-health package itself is dated 2019 in the repository[*]. However, the
top entry in the changelog is dated Fri, 27 Aug 2010. The third entry there is
of December 2009 and says:

   * Add dependency on lib32gcc1 for amd64 to avoid segfault
     when hpasmcli exits.

That software used to work under Beowulf. I don't know why it was damaged
during the upgrade to Chimaera. I'm trying and reinstall it, because I know of
no other ways to read some hardware-specific values. If 32bit libraries didn't
have incompatible changes, they may still work.

Is there anything I can check before forcing the install?

TIA for any hint
Ale
--

[*] https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/repo/mcp/pool/non-free/