著者: Alessandro Vesely
To: [DNG]
題目: [DNG] What is libc5-i686 | lib32gcc1 (proliant package dependencies)
Hi all,

I have a .deb package from HP (hp-health) that has this requirement, and
doesn't install because of it. It got damaged somehow during the last
dist-upgrade. I think I'd better re-install it.

I have both libc6:i386 and lib32gcc-s1 (on an AMD 64bit machine).
libc6-i686:i386 is tagged 'rc' transitional dummy package.

HP doesn't seem to be inclined to update their support packages. Should I
force the install, rebuild the package with a different DEBIAN/control, or
something else?

BTW, is the latter option just dpkg-deb -R followed by dpkg-deb -b?

Thanks for any hint
Ale