著者: golinux
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Is it dead yet?
On 2021-10-27 00:35, spiralofhope wrote:

> This may be obvious, but a memory testing suggestion:
>
> Remove all but one stick
>
> With that one stick in a particular slot, memtest
>
> If failed, repeat with each single stick in that same slot
>
> If all fail, move up a slot and test each stick
>
> I know it's a pain, but it might determine if the any/all memory sticks
> or if the motherboard are bad.

I am hardware-phobic but I can do a few things like switch out ram.
Some years ago, I got some shiny new sticks to increase my ram to 8 gb.
They all seated well but nada. I switched some around several times.
Still nada. By this time, I'd had enough, packed it up and took it to my
local hardware guy. He removed them all all and basically did the above
procedure. Took a while to get them to play nice. Seems that only one
configuration of sticks in the 4 slots would work. Hardware . . .
grrrrrr . . .

golinux