:: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install: only lo…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Haines Brown
Aan: Dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Chimaera install: only low resolution video
On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 07:19:06AM -0500, o1bigtenor wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 4:32 PM Haines Brown <haines@???> wrote:
>
> > I just installed Chimera RC on a Gigabyte Z590 machine (incidentally
> > it looks like I could autoconfigure wireless with providing firmware).
> > When I installed xorg and fluxobox, the display was low resolution.
> > Apparently it is a low resolution default. lxrandr offers no other
> > accessible resolution.
> >
> > I here paste the return of inxi on my current machine and then on the
> > installation of Chimaera. Neighter machine has a v ideo card. I'm not
> > sure that to make of this.
> >
> > The old machine with good resolution
> >
> >    Graphics:
> >      Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 630 vendor: Gigabyte driver: i915 v:
> > kernel
> >      bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:5912
> >      Display: server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: loaded: modesetting unloaded:
> > fbdev
> >      failed: vesa resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz s-dpi: 96
> >      OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 630 (Kaby Lake GT2)
> >      v: 4.5 Mesa 18.3.6 compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes

> > On new machine with poor revoltuion
> >
> >   Graphics:
> >     Device-l: Intel vendor: Gigabyte driver: N/A bus ID 00:02.0
> >     chip ID: 8886:4c8a
> >     Display: serve: X.Org 1.20.11 drive: loaded: vesa
> >     unloaded: fbdev,modesetting resolution: 1024x768-76Hz s-dpi: 96
> >     OpenGL:  renderer: llvmpipe (LLM 11.0.1 256 b its) v: 4.5 Mesa 20.3.5
> >     compat-w 3.1 direct render: Yes

> > Help intrpreting this would be much appreciated.
> >

> xrandr will be your friend!!!!
>
> You use xrandr to define set and implement your monitors.

The problem is that xxrandr sees only one mode

$ xrandr -q
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default

Current, minumum and maximum are all 1024 x 768.

Does this confirm Ludocico's suggestion that a video card will be of
no help? The card has nothing to work with.

I suppose gamma correction has nothing to do with dpi, but failure to
get gamma correction suggests to me a firmware problem.

> $ xrandr --verbose

That returns the information I got above with $ xrandr -q

> put at least the first 15 or 20 lines in your reply please.

  Identifier:  0x522
  Timestamp:   3222412
  Subpixel:    unknown
  Clones: