:: Re: [DNG] Is it dead yet?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: onefang
À: dng
Nouveaux-sujets: [DNG] WAY OFFTOPIC: Idiot electricians: was: Is it dead yet?
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Is it dead yet?
Oops, sorry, replied directly to spiralofhope instead of the list.

On 2021-10-26 22:35:57, spiralofhope wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:15:15 -0400
> Hendrik Boom via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > I'll have to replace the RAM, I guess.  Or find out what memory bus
> > is failing.
>
> I know this sounds odd, but I had memory errors galore which were
> solved by a new power supply.
>
> Apparently a jackass flipping breakers off and on quickly had stressed
> it out. Linux worked without complaint but Windows 8.1 occasionally
> bluescreened. If you have a spare PSU, try that first.

I've had that sort of arsehole in the past to. A paranoid guy that
thought everyone else in the house was an undercover cop spying on him.
He would kill the power to the house every now and then.

> This may be obvious, but a memory testing suggestion:
>
> Remove all but one stick
>
> With that one stick in a particular slot, memtest
>
> If failed, repeat with each single stick in that same slot
>
> If all fail, move up a slot and test each stick
>
> I know it's a pain, but it might determine if the any/all memory sticks
> or if the motherboard are bad.

I've had to do that in the past, the result was that I found out it was
one particular slot in the mother board, all the RAM was fine. Replaced
the motherboard, all was fine.