:: Re: [DNG] Fw: Testers for Chimaera …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Simon Walter
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Fw: Testers for Chimaera alpha netinstall iso
On 2021-10-12 21:13, Simon Walter wrote:
> On 2021-10-12 21:04, Simon Walter wrote:

>>> devuan_chimaera_4.0.RC-20211011_amd64_netinstall.iso

>>> I will check for the existence of the file that aitor mentioned
>>> (.disk/info).
>>>

>> It turns out that something went wrong with the the USB device (iso) or
>> the mounting of it. Because at first, there were no files in /cdrom.
>> Then when I remounted the USB device at /cdrom, I could see the
>> /.disk/info file. I will start from the top and see if it occurs again.
>>

> It was shitty HW. I'm sorry for the noise.

So it turns out this may be a problem with a chipset or some HW other
than the USB storage device. The USB storage device will, at various
stages in the installation, "disappear" (there is no more /dev/sda*) and
then "reappear" (there is now /dev/sdb*). Mounting it again at /cdrom
and /target/media/cdrom allows me to carry on the installation.

If you have a 11th gen Intel machine that could be an issue. Devuan 3
installer didn't find the NIC. So I opted to try 4.