:: [devuan-dev] bug#617: initscripts: …
Página Principal
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
Para: 617, Mark Hindley
Assunto: [devuan-dev] bug#617: initscripts: brightness init script sets brightness to zero, thus blanking laptop display
Dear Mark.

Mark Hindley - 11.10.21, 19:06:44 CEST:
> The brightness initscript seems to save
> /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness to
> /var/lib/initscripts/brightness when it is stopped.
>
> On your system, what does the
> /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness contain?

I can check tomorrow again. However… after I wrote "512" to the
"/var/lib/initscripts/brightness" file, brightness is set correctly after
reboot. So I am not sure I can reproduce the original condition after
the update anymore.

So or so, I think it would be good to ensure a minimum brightness level,
as a completely blank display can only be fixed with a live Linux, SSH
access or some other out of band management access.

Best,
--
Martin