:: Re: [DNG] ..tenacity replaces Audac…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] ..tenacity replaces Audacity like Devuan replaces Debian? Tenacity ditches spyware.
Anno domini 2021 Mon, 23 Aug 02:33:36 +0200
Arnt Karlsen scripsit:
> [...]
> ..thanks to Tim for pushing me to investigate that story, Jim did
> indeed say that, initially. And wise people update as they learn
> more...
> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/07/no-open-source-audacity-audio-editor-is-not-spyware/?comments=1
>
> ..and there's even more:
> https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/07/audacitys-new-owner-is-in-another-fight-with-the-open-source-community/?comments=1
>
> ..it's like Github's next owner making you pay to see source code.
> Sheet music is effectively the source code of music, and that
> analogy has been used to explain source code as a concept to the
> general public, to legislators and to jurors and judges in courts.

It's most concerning. Just these lines:

Personal data collected:    Data necessary for law enforcement, litigation and authorities' requests (if any)
Why collect it:     For legal enforcement
Legal grounds for processing:    Legitimate interest of WSM Group to defend its legal rights and interests

This is a strict no-go. Any software even with the "option" to get you prosecuted by any countries laws will get you in trouble. Any sane person should stay away from that crap as far as possible.

Nik