:: Re: [DNG] Cannot install on W10 lap…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: al3xu5
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Cannot install on W10 laptop (was: Re: Reinstalling unbootable laptop...) [SOLVED]

--
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 10:15:26 +0200 - "Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@???>:

[...]

> Just a guess: is secureboot enabled?

Thanks for your suggestion.
Secureboot was/is disabled.

--
Sun, 22 Aug 2021 19:19:32 +1000 - Ralph Ronnquist
<ralph.ronnquist@???>:

> That error suggests that the partition holding the installer's kernel
> (off the ISO) is on a partition type that the efi boot program (also off
> the ISO) can't handle. E.g. extfat.
>
> Is the install ISO on actual DVD or on USB? If on a USB, how did you
> write it? I.e., is that USB a true copy of the ISO?

The netinstall iso was on a UBS; I have writed it using dd as suggested in
the Devuan documentation.

--

Thanks to some investigation and the inspiration of your suggestions, I
realized that the problem could be due to some lock on the disk. And then

After restarting W10 and made a clean shutdown, I restarted with the
Beowulf 3.1.1 netinstall ISO (USB), and the installation went ahead
without further problems.

During the partitioning phase, I left unaltered the partitions created by
the Windows Installer, and I created in the unused space a new root
partition, a separate home partition and the swap partition.

Finally, the laptop has devuan again and turns off and restarts without
problems.

Thanks again.

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B