:: [DNG] Cannot install on W10 laptop …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: al3xu5
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] Cannot install on W10 laptop (was: Re: Reinstalling unbootable laptop...)
Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:05:19 +0200 - al3xu5 <dotcommon@???>:

> About one or two years ago I had installed Devuan on my brother's laptop.
>
> It is a Lenovo B50-10 (model 80QR), with a 64bit Intel N3540 CPU, 4GB
> DDR1600 RAM and a mechanical 500GB HDD (see:
> https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-b-series-laptops/b50-10/80qr/documentation/doc_userguide)
>
> Two weeks ago I tryed some BIOS changes and did an apt-get
> update/upgrade. Do not remember neither which BIOS changes I tried, nor
> the order I did changeas and apt-get...
>
> This resulted in a unbootable system (a loop, booting and rebootin,
> without starting the system).
>
> [...]

After a long battle, the notebook now starts correctly ... but to
fix the boot issue I had to install W10 (UEFI).

So now I'm trying to reinstall it with Devuan, but I can't.

Using beowulf netinstaller (3.1.1), it starts with a blocking error:

~~~

    error: invalid sector size 0
    error: you need to load the kernel first.
~~~

Please help!

Regards
al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B