著者: Antony Stone
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Devuan --> Debian?
On Thursday 19 August 2021 at 18:53:51, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 01:52:12PM +0200, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > I've purged eudev and now I'm installing FreeSwitch :)
> >
> > Thanks for the pointer - looks like this will get me where I wanted to
> > be.
>
> Do I understand that you didn't switch to Debian but just installed a
> fake systemd for FreeSwitch to play with?

Correct - although see my subsequent email saying that if you can avoid
installing "systemd" and instead install "the package that depends on
systemd", things are a lot simpler :)

> Or did you find a way to switch from Devuan to Debian?

No, this did what I wanted and it's a *far* neater solution.

I didn't want to end up with Debian anyway - the only purpose was to be able
to install FreeSwitch, find out how much of it really depended on systemd, and
then work out how to get the rest of it working on Devuan.

This way was quick, pretty easy, and very educational :)

Antony.

--
Why is "dyslexia" so difficult to spell, and why can I never remember "aphasia"
when I want to?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.