:: Re: [DNG] Download a package, maybe…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Download a package, maybe a few, for a different architecture and a different release.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 09:31:53AM +1000, Ralph Ronnquist via Dng wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:01:09 -0400
> Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:
>
> > I need to download a package to install on a machine that is
> > currently air-gapped.
> >
> > I have to download an i386 package for chimaera on an AMD64 beowulf
> > machine.
> >
> > I'll be transferring that package by sneakernet, and then installing
> > it using dpkg..
> > If it turns out to have dependencies, I'l have to repeat the process
> > for those dependencies.
> >
> > How do I go about doing the download?
>
> One "easy access" approach is to use https://pkginfo.devuan.org to
> locate the package (deb) concerned, and then download it/them via the
> link(s) provided on the package content page(s). That also provides
> links for dependencies.

That was easy, once I noticed something. Downloading on my beowulf
amd64 machine, that website found me beowulf and64 packages.

But it was not difficult to edit the download link to get what I wanted.

Thank you.

> If you want to script it, you might use the XML access variation, e.g.

Probably not -- the packages I needed to install on my temporarily
air-gapped machine were the ones that make wifi work.

I'll be uing wifi from now on.