:: Re: [DNG] Err; hardware!
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Err; hardware!
On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:02:27 +0800, Brad wrote in message
<89eae6c0-02b7-d593-bf87-923016c30e67@???>:

> On 9/8/21 8:13 am, terryc wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Aug 2021 18:36:19 +0800
> > Brad Campbell via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> >

> >> I honestly can't see who in their right mind would use a base
> >> system of that age,
> >

> > My 2c, hardware?
> >
> > If it has lasted that long, then it must be reliable and its free,
> > why not.
> >
> > anyway, back to regular discussions.
> >

> I can understand hardware (one of my Colo boxes is a 2008 Mac Mini),
> but this discussion is talking about a new "bare metal hypervisor"
> based on a Debian Wheezy installation.

..to be minimally upgraded to my minimal "Devuan Wheezy" before going
on to "Devuan Stable" (currently Devuan Beowulf) or into a vm.

..only meant for dist-upgrades and for...

> Keeping legacy systems running? sure, but a new install?? I can't
> think of any system with hardware virtualisation that ran Wheezy and
> won't run Beowulf.

..closest I've ever been was testing QubesOS-3.2 on hw that can't
run QubesOS-4, had VT-x but no new fancy VT-d last time I chkd.

..I'm thinking a _minimal_ Devuan Xen install, is there a better way?

Scenarios always come in sets of three: