:: Re: [DNG] Are .udeb files also to b…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: dvalin
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Are .udeb files also to be installed after a source build?

On 08.08.21 11:06, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2021 Sun, 08 Aug 17:42:16 +0930
>  dvalin@??? scripsit:
> > udeb
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/udeb
>
> "The 'u' stands for micro. An udeb is a stripped down deb file for

use
> by the DebianInstaller . It removes the naughty bits (the
> documentation, as well as some checksums, etc.) to save space. "

I took the risk, and did a "dpkg -i" on them, but both borked, so I
figured it was the wrong thing to do. As nothing was installed, it's
failed harmlessly, and the fetchmail tar.xz now builds and installs:

$ fetchmail --version
This is fetchmail release 6.5.0.beta4+TLS+NLS

This is the first time I've built from a source package, and to have
it
successfully support building a more familiar old-fashioned tarball is
most gratifying.

Erik