:: Re: [DNG] ..a viable basis for Devu…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andrzej Peszynski
To: Brad Campbell, dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] ..a viable basis for Devuan as a hypervisor?, was: libvirt package without X11 and DBus

On 06.08.2021 06:25, Brad Campbell via Dng wrote:

> Why do you even need/want libvirt? I have several machines which run
> qemu guests just using simple bash scripts to bring them up (and all
> the bash script is there for is to hold the command line parameters).
> I like libvirt and virt-manager for configuring and customising the
> guests, but at the end of the day all that is is a fancy front end to
> qemu.

<snip>
> If you are stripping the guts out of libvirt, why use it in the first
> place?

Brad, thanks a million! Learning is fun especially for a "apt install"
man as I am.
I am looking now at how I can simplify all this (may be stripping parts
of QEMU too?), to keep running, and handle my configurations and
resources binding.
In the end, all what I need is executing in isolated ring the ELF of
dozen of (not trusted) proxies, servers and libraries + resources
balancing + isolated filesystems + sockets.

From the other side, I think that the Type 1 hypervisor for desktop is
also interesting thing, It's very tempting to have windowed multimachine
with realtime switch capability.

Cheers
Andrzej