:: [DNG] ..how to installing it from a…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumptes vells: Re: [DNG] Hopman and inotify
Assumpte: [DNG] ..how to installing it from a git repository "the good old Debian way", was: Hopman and inotify
On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 16:42:47 +0200, Didier wrote in message
<dc78c3e0-2895-5fab-ed9a-c2d269c4a2b0@???>:

> Le 13/06/2021 à 23:29, Haines Brown a écrit :
> > I tried hopman some years ago and loved it, But when installed on a
> > new machine failed copy the code. Would anyone indulge me by
> > pointing to a link to the current stete of the application?
> >
>     "Legacy" hopman is back on gitlab, at
> https://git.devuan.org/kryn/hopman
> <https://git.devuan.org/kryn/hopman>. The executable is now
> named /usr/bin/hopman-GTK2, and a symbolic link to it is created in
> the same directory with the name hopman.
>
>     To build and install it, first retrieve it from
> https://git.devuan.org/kryn/hopman
> <https://git.devuan.org/kryn/hopman> ; Make sure you have the GTK+-2
> library installed, eg libgtk-2.0 and libgtk-2.0-dev;
>     then go to the subdirectory hopman-1.1;

..to do it "the good old Debian way", what are the missing stages
that would prevent a "make deb && dpkg -i hopman" from working?

>     make && sudo make install && make cleanall
>
>     Declare hopman as autostarted application of your desktop session.
> Alternatively run it from the application menu (submenu: system).
>
>     In the default configuration, hopman uses the following
> applications to perform the requested actions: pmount, pumount,
> thunar, xfce4-terminal. This is all customizable: read man hopmanrc.
>
>     To uninstall, 'sudo make uninstall'

.."the good old Debian way" would allow both "dpkg -P hopman",
"dpkg -r hopman" and "apt remove hopman" etc, using the apt
database to help avoid conflicts etc with other software.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: