:: Re: [DNG] problem with apt after re…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Jim Jackson
Dátum:
Címzett: Ludovic Bellière
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] problem with apt after restore after crashed disk...

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021, Ludovic Belli?re via Dng wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Have you tried:
>
>      apt-get download libapt-pkg5.0

:-) that's when I get the error message.

> However libapt-private.so comes from the apt package, same as apt-cache. Your
> system is probably borked and needs full reinstall. The kind of error you got
> is
> related to the ABI (yes, with a B), and means that you have a bunch of
> software
> that were compiled against a different version of the library.

I actually doubt it. It a file for file restore of what was on the system
partition of a working system. If you missed it I explained that my hard
drive broke.

> It also means that if apt is broken, other softwareq are likely broken

Everything else seems to be working just fine. I did notice
that after I'd put the files back non-root users couldn't use ping.
That was because my rsync backup didn't use the -X options for extended
attributes. I googled the magic setcap invocation and that was fixed.

> too which warrant, as I said, a full reinstall of your system.

This isn't windows, thank diety-of-choice :-)

Jim