:: Re: [DNG] APT upgrade (was Re: USB …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Alessandro Vesely
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] APT upgrade (was Re: USB mount problem)
On Sun 27/Jun/2021 11:07:33 +0200 Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:44:00 +0900, Olaf wrote in message <87czs887cf.fsf@quark>:
>

>> Upon first glance manual pages make it look as if full-upgrade and
>> dist-upgrade are the same but I am not sure the details of package
>> dependency conflict resolution it identical for both.
>
> ..they are slightly different and I don't recall the differences right
> now.

Google is your friend:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=%22apt-get+dist-upgrade%22+vs+%22apt+full-upgrade%22&ia=web

While apt upgrade seems to be slightly more rounded than apt-get upgrade —the former can install new packages introduced as dependencies— the respective full-upgrade and dist-upgrade do the same thing.

For the record, I did apt-get upgrade, which is presumably why I missed USB mounting.

Best
Ale