:: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: spiralofhope
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:32:30 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> As for a repair, I have no idea what it's like trying to get inside
> Dell laptops.

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 16:37:54 +0200
Bernard Rosset via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> ... Dell Latitude 7400 laptop I have ...

I'd gamble that it's easy to service it.

There probably won't be any gotchas like what Apple does to actively
sabotage repairs.

My notes from the Inspiron 3180 are really this simple:

1. Turn it over to see its bottom

2. In the middle there is a small plastic cap covering a screw.

3. Carefully pry it up. Nine screws should be visible, remove them

4. Place the laptop bottom-down

5.  Open it as you usually would (screen facing you, touchpad in front
    of you)

6.  The edge closest to you dips down right in the middle. This
    is what gives you a small opening with which you opened the laptop
    a moment ago. Notice the top of the laptop is a plate with the
    keyboard and touchpad in it.

7.  Pry up the keyboard-plate at the dip in the front. Be sure to use
    a plastic flexible tool that is wide, otherwise you will damage the
    plastic.