:: Re: [DNG] Debian/Buster-to-Devuan/B…
Top Pagina
Auteur: tito
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Debian/Buster-to-Devuan/Beowulf : Version 1
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 13:42:40 +0200
Svante Signell via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> [...]

> apt-get install lightdm
> lightdm :
> Depends: logind or consolekit but it is not installable
>
> apt-get install lightdm elogind
> elogind libelogind0 libindicator3-7 liblightdm-gobject-1-0 libpam-
> elogind lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter
>
> apt-get install task-mate-desktop
> task-mate-desktop :
> Depends: mate-desktop-environment but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: lightdm but it is not going to be installed
> <seems difficult to get a desktop working in Debian, giving up>
>
> emacs /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates main
> deb http://deb.devuan.org/devuan beowulf-proposed main
>
> wget
> https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/d/devuan-keyring/devuan-keyring_2017.10.03_all.deb
> dpkg -i devuan-keyring_2017.10.03_all.deb
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> base-files bsdutils colord-data dbus dbus-x11 distro-info-data fdisk
> gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0 init init-system-helpers initscripts
> libblkid1 libcolorhug2 libdbus-1-3 libfdisk1 liblightdm-gobject-1-0
> libmount1 libpackagekit-glib2-18 libpcsclite1 libprocps7 libsmartcols1
> libudisks2-0 libuuid1 lightdm mount procps python3-reportbug reportbug
> rsyslog sysv-rc sysvinit-utils task-british-desktop task-desktop task-
> english task-ssh-server tasksel tasksel-data util-linux-locales
>
> apt-get autoremove --purge
> dpkg --set-selections
> sysvinit-core install
> The following packages have been kept back:
> desktop-base elogind libcolord2 libelogind0 libpam-elogind
> libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libudev1 udev util-linux
> sysvinit-core
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> cinnabar-icon-theme clearlooks-phenix-cinnabar-theme
> dmz-cursor-theme eudev gnome-extra-icons gnome-icon-theme
> gtk2-engines gtk3- nooverlayscrollbar libeudev1
> libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 The following packages have been kept
> back: elogind libelogind0 libpam-elogind
> desktop-base libcolord2 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libudev1 udev util-
> linux
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> apt-get install net-tools
> ifconfig
> ens3: ...
> lo: ...
> <reboot>
>
> Booting into Devuan :)
> No desktop at all. Boot into recovery mode.
> emacs -nw /etc/network/interfaces
> #auto ens3
> #iface ens3 inet dhcp
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> /etc/init.d/ssh start <ssh works>
> apt-get install task-mate-desktop
> 0 upgraded, 311 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
>
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> The following packages have been kept back:

Hi,
inlined you will find the transcript of the migration
of a fully updated Debian Buster 10.9 VM with
gnome-desktop to Devuan Beowulf 3.1 with gnome-desktop.
Some steps could be optimized and improved, but its late....
during all the migration network was functional and just
a few packages were removed. Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Tito

Starting with fully updated Debian 10.9 VM

root@debian:~# nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Add to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf main
deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-updates main
deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-security main
#deb http://deb.devuan.org/merged beowulf-backports main

(I did not remove buster repos yet, maybe it was an error
but I'm to tired to test it now but added pinning)

Add to /etc/apt/preferences.d/beowulf

Package: *
Pin: origin "deb.devuan.org"
#Pin: origin "deb.devuan.org/merged"
Pin-Priority: 900

apt-get update --allow-insecure-repositories
apt-get install devuan-keyring --allow-unauthenticated
apt update
51 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.

apt install task-gnome-desktop debian-pulseaudio-config-override
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required: linux-headers-4.19.0-14-amd64 linux-headers-4.19.0-14-common
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
  task-desktop task-english task-laptop task-ssh-server tasksel
tasksel-data Recommended packages:
  task-xfce-desktop | task-cinnamon-desktop | task-kde-desktop

| task-lxqt-desktop | task-mate-desktop fonts-symbola

debian-pulseaudio-config-override
task-desktop task-english task-gnome-desktop task-laptop
task-ssh-server tasksel tasksel-data
7 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 44 not upgraded.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
required: fonts-quicksand libplymouth4 linux-headers-4.19.0-14-amd64
  linux-headers-4.19.0-14-common plymouth plymouth-label
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
  cinnabar-icon-theme clearlooks-phenix-cinnabar-theme dmz-cursor-theme
  gnome-extra-icons gnome-icon-theme gtk2-engines
gtk3-nooverlayscrollbar initscripts insserv startpar sysv-rc
  gir1.2-polkit-1.0 init libcolord2 libpolkit-agent-1-0
libpolkit-backend-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libudev1 policykit-1 udev
util-linux The following packages will be upgraded:
  base-files bsdutils colord colord-data dbus dbus-x11 desktop-base
  distro-info-data fdisk gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0
gstreamer1.0-packagekit init-system-helpers libblkid1 libcolorhug2
libdbus-1-3 libfdisk1 libmount1 libpackagekit-glib2-18 libpcsclite1
libprocps7 libsmartcols1 libudisks2-0 libuuid1 mount net-tools
packagekit packagekit-tools procps python3-reportbug reportbug rsyslog
sysvinit-utils udisks2 util-linux-locales
34 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 24.8 MB of archives.
After this operation, 26.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

Installing new version of config file /etc/debian_version ...

Configuration file '/etc/issue'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** issue (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?  Y

Setting up dbus (1.12.20-0+deb10u1+devuan1) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/default/dbus ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/dbus ...
A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon.
Please reboot the system when convenient.
Setting up libpcsclite1:amd64 (1.8.24-1+devuan1) ...
Setting up insserv (1.18.0-2) ...
insserv: FATAL: service mountkernfs has to exists for service udev
insserv: FATAL: service mountdevsubfs has to exists for service hwclock
insserv: FATAL: service urandom has to exists for service networking
insserv: exiting now!

Setting up procps (2:3.3.15-2+devuan1) ...
insserv: FATAL: service mountkernfs has to be enabled to use service
procps

Setting up desktop-base (1:3.0) ...
... setting up desktop-base
... setting up desktop-base
/var/lib/dpkg/info/desktop-base.postinst: line 30: [: preferred:
integer expression expected

Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.133+deb10u1) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.19.0-16-amd64
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.NoSuchUnit: Unit
packagekit.service not found.

THIS STEP COULD BE IMPROVED BY BETTER ORDERING OF PACKAGES TO
INSTALL/UPGRADE TO AVOID REBOOT TO TERMINAL AND apt --fix-broken
install??

apt install sysvinit-core gir1.2-polkit-1.0 libelogind0 libeudev1
libpolkit-agent-1-0 libpolkit-backend-elogind-1-0
libpolkit-gobject-1-0 eudev policykit-1 elogind libpam-elogind
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state
information... Done The following packages were automatically installed
and are no longer required: fonts-quicksand libplymouth4
linux-headers-4.19.0-14-amd64 linux-headers-4.19.0-14-common
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
libpolkit-backend-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 libudev1 udev
Suggested packages:
bootlogd
The following packages will be REMOVED:
dbus-user-session iio-sensor-proxy libnss-systemd libpam-systemd
libsystemd0 plymouth plymouth-label systemd systemd-sysv
elogind eudev libelogind0 libeudev1 libpam-elogind
libpolkit-backend-elogind-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0
sysvinit-core The following packages will be upgraded:
gir1.2-polkit-1.0 libpolkit-agent-1-0 libpolkit-backend-1-0
libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libudev1 policykit-1 udev
7 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 9 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,605 kB of archives.
After this operation, 12.6 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

Removing dbus-user-session (1.12.20-0+deb10u1) ...
Removing iio-sensor-proxy (2.4-2) ...
Removing libnss-systemd:amd64 (241-7~deb10u7) ...
Checking NSS setup...
dpkg: libpam-systemd:amd64: dependency problems, but removing anyway as
you requested: policykit-1 depends on libpam-systemd.
network-manager depends on libpam-systemd.
gnome-settings-daemon depends on libpam-systemd.
gdm3 depends on libpam-systemd.

Removing libpam-systemd:amd64 (241-7~deb10u7) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libpam-elogind:amd64.
(Reading database ... 199145 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libpam-elogind_241.4-2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libpam-elogind:amd64 (241.4-2) ...
dpkg: systemd-sysv: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you
requested: init depends on systemd-sysv | sysvinit-core | runit-init;
however: Package systemd-sysv is to be removed.
Package sysvinit-core is not installed.
Package runit-init is not installed.

(Reading database ... 199152 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing systemd-sysv (241-7~deb10u7) ...
Selecting previously unselected package sysvinit-core.
(Reading database ... 199135 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../sysvinit-core_2.93-8+devuan1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking sysvinit-core (2.93-8+devuan1) ...
(Reading database ... 199158 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing plymouth-label (0.9.4-1.1) ...
Removing plymouth (0.9.4-1.1) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Removing systemd (241-7~deb10u7) ...
systemd is the active init system, please switch to another before
removing systemd. dpkg: error processing package systemd (--remove):
installed systemd package pre-removal script subprocess returned error
exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing:
systemd
Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.systemd1.NoSuchUnit: Unit
packagekit.service not found. E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an
error code (1)

!!!THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
cp /usr/share/sysvinit/inittab /etc/inittab

systemctl reboot

System restarts to terminal no GUI
login as root

apt --fix-broken install
(installs elogind libelogind0 AGAIN??)
(removes systemd libsystemd0)

reboot

boots to GUI

apt purge *systemd*
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libnss-systemd* systemd*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

apt autoremove --purge
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  fonts-quicksand* libplymouth4* linux-headers-4.19.0-14-amd64*
  linux-headers-4.19.0-14-common*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
After this operation, 56.9 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

REMOVE REFERENCES TO BUSTER IN /etc/apt/sources.list
rm /etc/apt/preferences.d/beowulf

apt update
apt dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  eudev libeudev1 libpolkit-backend-elogind-1-0
libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 The following packages will be upgraded:
  gir1.2-polkit-1.0 init libcolord2 libpolkit-agent-1-0
libpolkit-backend-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libudev1 policykit-1 udev
util-linux 10 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded. Need to get 1,191 kB/2,597 kB of archives.
After this operation, 10.2 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

DONE!!!