:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")
Quoting Hendrik Boom (hendrik@???):
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 11:36:57AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> > More to the point, Jitsi Meet (reminder: that's its correct name)
> > is open source (Apache License 2.0). All it takes to run is a computer
> > with adequate RAM and a public IP address.
>
> AND enough network bandwidth.

But less than you might think. Locally, one LUG leader stands up a
Jitsi Meet instance occasionally for LUG use in a modest Qemu/KVM
virtual machine on a laptop that's on his residential ADSLv1.

When I was configuring the instance on Amazon EC2 for the New Zealand
Worldcon (Aug. 2020), I took a number of precautions against excessive
bandwidth draw, including setting the default to outbound video = off
for people joining conferences. That having been said, my main worry
was pegging RAM or CPU on the Jitsi Videobridge 2 component, that routes
all the video whizzing back and forth. As it turned out, RAM & CPU
usage as recorded on Zabbix remained quite low.

I'll also mention that each connected user's video link automatically
will step down resolution/framerate to reflect how much bandwidth is
available.