:: [DNG] Jitsi advice please
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: g4sra
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng@lists.dyne.org
Αντικείμενο: [DNG] Jitsi advice please
Having been forced to use both Microsoft Teams and Zoom (thanks Covid) I am trying to get Jitsi-meet working.

Stage 1. Jitsi Client on Devuan (web browser)

Issue: I cannot get incoming sound to work with Jitsi.

I use TDE (Trinity Desktop Environment) which uses 'Arts' sound system sitting directly on top of 'Alsa'.
I have the 'apulse' library installed to satisfy 'Pulseaudio' dependant packages.
I normally use Firefox, and am aware that there are 'issues' reported (wish 'they' had elaborated) with Jitsi and Firefox.

My biggest beef with Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and now Jitsi-meet....they all omitted an essential service.
What I want is (looking at you Rick :P) a test sever which simply echo's back the incoming video\audio to the client.
Trying to fault-find, set video quality, and audio levels using a real live meet is both awkward and annoying to everyone concerned....

Can anyone recommend a browser (other than Chrome) that they know works with Jitsi-meet ?
Any other suggestions to fix the audio ?